A Sustainable Future for Shipping
Rethink Now Podcast
Sustainable transport. What does it look like? Well, we know that electric cars are getting a lot of attention. We know about bicycles, buses and trains. But what about shipping? There was a time when all goods were moved across the ocean using nothing but the wind and the hardwork of a able crew.
This episode I was joined by Jorne Langelaan, the founder and captain of EcoClipper.
EcoClipper are a professional shipping company which will offer emission free transport and travel, by making use of engine-less sailing ships. Their state of the art sailing vessel will be an example of ultimate sustainability and seaworthiness.
Our conversation takes us on a whistle stop tour of the history of shipping, the current state of play and on to Jorne’s vision for a sustainable future for shipping.
- Visit ecoclipper.org for lots more info about Jorne and his team
- Jorne spoke at TEDx Amsterdam in 2010 www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyJ_a3fx6IY
- Example of the more hi-tech wind power solutions for shipping www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/12/sw…ered-cargo-ships/
- History of the Port of Liverpool en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Liverpool
- A fascinating webinar Jorne presented at which gives lots more detail on their mission www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oOYfrj-_ow